Although we hope to provide you with a perfectly seamless and smooth experience, we realise that problems do crop up from time to time.
We hope to cover as many of the problems that may occur as possible through this troubleshooting page. If you’ve uncovered a rampant wild bug, we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience, but thank you for pointing this out so that we can squash it once and for all.
As some wise guy once said, “to err is human, but to completely #$%* things up you need software.”
I've clicked 'send' but the newsletter isn't showing as 'sent'
If after you’ve gone past the top of the hour and the status does NOT change to ‘sent’, then follow these steps:
- Make sure that your MailChimp integration is set up properly on your Profile. (the keys and API are correct and do not have any spaces or punctuation after the figures.
- Are your email addresses the same for your CommuniMail and MailChimp profiles? This is important so please get the email addresses to match.
- Have you varified your MailChimp email address? This is also a biggie so please double check that this has been done.
- If the problem persists and it is within office hours please give us a call on 083 280 3202 or if it’s after hours, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I downloaded the template but it's a mangled mess with lots of text and ;;;;;;
If you are using Excel, then the best way to overcome this would be to follow these steps.
- Highlight column A at the top (this should select the entire column)
- Click the ‘Data’ tab and select ‘text to columns’
- Selected ‘delimited’ and click ‘Next’
- Select the ‘semicolon’ and ‘comma’ and then click ‘finish’.
I uploaded my client list and it resulted in an error page.
Did you use the exact format as per the csv. file that you downloaded from the ‘My People’, then ‘Import Recipients’ page?
When filling out the information, not all columns require information, but the ‘email address‘, ‘first name‘, and ‘type‘ are crucial. Please make sure each client has this information.
The ‘TYPE’ column is for either CASUAL or FORMAL.
You can have all clients on one ‘type’ or split them.
Did you save the document as a csv. file? If not, please do.
CHECK YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSES
There may be spaces before or after the email addresses. Please make sure there are none.
Although we’ve made every effort to weed out any bugs, it could be that there are some strange characters that are creeping into your csv. file. Just like dodgy characters hanging around a school yard, these too are problematic.
Go through it and delete any columns after the ‘type’ column and any rows below the last client row.
It’s advisable to save the csv. file somewhere safe and make changes on there. This is for 2 reasons. Firstly, it’s a great way of keeping track of your clients and secondly, in the event of something unforeseen happening to your list, you’ve got a back-up.